Welcome to my page! I am a Full Professor at the University of Rouen Normandy (URN).
Research: I am with the LITIS lab, and my research work deals with medical image analysis with machine learning.
Teaching: I teach courses at both the undergraduate and the graduate level on topics such as digital signal and image processing, statistics, etc. Nothing related to teaching on this website. Everything is in our moodle: https://universitice.univ-rouen.fr/ (restricted access).
Contact : caroline dot petitjean at univ-rouen dot fr
Current duties and responsabilities (as of sept 2023)
- PI of the ANR project MEDISEG (2021-2025)
- Elected member at Section 7 at the CoNRS 2021-2026
- Co-animatrice d’une action du GdR ISIS, thème B (depuis 2021) avec Carole Lartizien, Mireille Garreau, Nicolas Thome : ‘IA pour l’analyse de données massives en imagerie du vivant’
- Co-Supervisor of Syed Hasany PhD thesis with F. Mériaudeau
- Co-animatrice de l’axe Image de la FR 3638 Normastic avec Amal Mahoubi
- Member of the Conseil Scientifique Plénier of ENSEA, Cergy (scientific board of an engineering school) from 2021
- Membre du comité d’organisation du Prix de Thèse 2021-22 du Club EEA-GdR ISIS-GRETSI.
- Member of the LITIS Lab council since 2012
- Co-chair of MIDL 2024
- Area chair at MIDL 2023, MICCAI 2023
- Member of the « SBWT5A – Data science » 2023 panel for the FWO (Research Foundation – Flanders)
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging since 2023, Computer Vision and Image understanding since 2021 and Neurocomputing since 2020
- Co-guest editor for a Special Issue to the IEEE JBHI on Foundation Models in Medical Imaging (open until march 24!)
- PI of the STIC AmSud project DAWmal (2021-23)
Teaching related duties:
- Head of the 2nd year of the Master SD (data science) since 2020
- Membre nommée du Département de Physique de l’URN depuis 2017.
- Tutor of one student of the MINMACS graduate school (2023-24)
- Sept 2023: co-guest editoring a Special Issue to the IEEE JBHI on Foundation Models in Medical Imaging
- August 2023: Honored to have been appointed as Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging
- July 2023: I will be a co-chair for MIDL 2024 in Paris France 🙂
- July 2023: Our work on « Can SegFormer be a True Competitor to U-Net for Medical Image Segmentation? » was presented at MIU 2023 in Abderdeen Scotland
- July 2023: Our work on « On the Inclusion of Topological Requirements in CNNs for Semantic Segmentation Applied to Radiotherapy » was presented at SSVM in Italy
- June 2023: Member of the midterm jury of Dovile Juoedlyte in IT University Copenhagen
- April 2023: Our paper « Seg-XRes-CAM: Explaining Spatially Local Regions in Image Segmentation » with N. Hasany and F. Mériaudeau has been accepted for publication at the 2nd Explainable AI for Computer Vision Workshop (XAI4CV) at CVPR in the *spotlight* session!
- April 2023: I am an Area Chair for MICCAI 2023.
- March 2023: I was invited to give a talk at IABM, the 1st French Symposium on AI for biomedical imaging. My slides are here
- March 2023: I am appointed to promote gender equity in my lab with colleague Julien Saunier
- March 2023: Our paper with Zoé Lambert and Carole Le Guyader « On the Inclusion of Topological Requirements in CNNs for Semantic Segmentation Applied to Radiotherapy » was accepted at SSVM2023!
- Feb 2023: I am an Area Chair for MIDL 2023.
- Jan 2023: with Veronika Cheplygina, we have obtained a funding from the Danish Data Science Academy so that Théo Sourget (a M2 student) can make an internship at IT University of Copenhagen
- Jan 2023: The work of my PhD student Syed Nouman Hasany “A study of attention information from transformer layers in hybrid medical image segmentation networks” has been accepted at the SPIE Medical Imaging conference to be held in San Diego in 2023. Congratulations!
- Nov 2022: I was invited to a conference-debate on AI and foundation models by the chair LIAvignon.
- Sept 2022: I am part of MICCAI 2022 Young Scientist Award Committee.
- Sept 2022: I am co-chair of the MICCAI workshop on Resource-Efficient Medical Image Analysis (REMIA), Singapour, 2022
- May 2022: I gave a talk on to introduce Artificial intelligence to high schoolers, at the Lycée Camille Saint-Saens in Rouen.
- April 2022: our paper with Zoé Lambert and Carole Le Guyader « Enforcing geometrical priors in deep networks for semantic segmentation applied to radiotherapy planning » has been accepted for publication in JMIV!
- April 2022: I am an area chair for MICCAI 2022.
- April 2022: I co-organized a workshop for the « Image » research axis of the FR Normastic with A. Mahoubi (GREYC).
- April 2022: my PhD student Jing Zhang has defended her PhD: « Biomarker estimation from medical images: segmentation-based and segmentation-free approaches »
- March 1st: My ANR project MEDISEG has officially started!
- Feb 2022: We organized a workshop with the GdR ISIS Deep learning with weak or few labels in medical image analysis
- Feb 2022: I am an Area Chair for the MIDL 2022 (Medical Imaging with Deep Learning) conference.